There are times in everyone’s lives when we feel like we’ve lost touch with who we are. And with all this “authentic self” talk we can’t help but feel at least a little called out when we don’t have the first clue who that is. Finding your path back to your truest self can be daunting but it shouldn’t feel impossible. Invest a little time in yourself this month and enjoy these 31 journal prompts to discover your authentic self!
Journal Prompts to Discover Your Authentic Self
- Write 5 affirmations that represent how you’d like to see yourself.
- What kind of music makes you feel most you? (Bonus Points: Create a playlist)
- What is something you absolutely know to be true.
- Write about a time you felt profoundly at peace or filled with joy.
- If you had a day to do anything you want what would you do and why?
- What do you most love about yourself?
- If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
- Write about something you have truly loved and how it effected you.
- What cause(s) do you feel passionate about and why?
- If you could make a living doing anything what would it be?
- When you were a child who did you want to be when you grew up? How and why did this change, if it did?
- What do you most love to learn about?
- What subject could you easily talk about for 30 minutes or more?
- If you could accomplish one thing in your life what would it be?
- What feelings do you most want to experience? Choose one and write about a time you intensely experienced it.
- List 5 traits that are important to you in a friendship or relationship.
- What do you value most in life.
- Write about something you miss or wish you had more of in your life.
- What do you feel you need to let go of in your life.
- If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be and why?
- If you could tell your younger self anything about your present self or life what would it be?
- Who would you like to be in 5 or 10 years?
- What is your special gift or talent?
- Write about some experiences in your life you are grateful for.
- What inspires you?
- How would the person who knows you best describe you? Do you think they’re right? Why or why not?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What have you been told or learned about yourself that you know to be true?
- What have you been told or learned about yourself that you know to be untrue?
- What’s your favorite type of self-care? (Bonus Points… go do it!)
- What are you most proud of?
What questions do I want to ask myself for deep insight into my authentic self?Share it! Save it! Pin it!
Completing these journal prompts is a great place to start but self-discovery is a lifelong process. Continue your work and commitment to showing up as your most authentic self by creating your own questions and being mindful and attentive to yourself.
You are worthy!
You are enough!
Thanks Cassie. These are awesome! Can’t wait to dig in and do some journaling. I appreciate you sharing your story, too 🙂
I’m so happy you enjoyed the post and was excited to see your name in the comments. I hope all is well with you.