- 4 oz canned full fat coconut milk
- 4 oz plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t ground turmeric (feel free to try fresh turmeric, 2t)
- pinch finely ground black pepper**
- pinch ground clove
- pinch ground cinnamon (optional to taste)
- pinch ground ginger (optional to taste)
- pinch ground nutmeg (optional to taste)
- Can opener
- Peeler (for fresh turmeric)
- Microplane grater (for fresh turmeric)
- Measuring spoons
- Small sauce pan
- Fine mesh strainer (if using fresh turmeric)
Blend or shake coconut milk until fully mixed (the fat often separates in the can). Then put all ingredients in a small pot on the stove and gently warm to a simmer. If using fresh grated tumeric strain before drinking.
** Do not eliminate the pepper. It helps make the curcumin in the tumeric bio-available. Curcumin is the anti-inflamatory compound in tumeric but it is not readily available without pepper.
To make this KETO use only coconut milk. You can also use different non dairy milk but the coconut almond combo is my favorite. Also, I typically make my own almond milk which is pretty simple.
Place 1c almonds in a bowl or jar with 4 c hot water and leave it to sit overnight. Afterward, drain and rinse the almonds and place in blender. Then add 4 c filtered water (not the water you drained off of the almonds). When it is blended smoothly strain milk through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth. Be sure to squeeze to remove as much milk as possible from the pulp.
Make ahead ingredients:
If you prefer to make the mix ahead of time so it’s easier to drink daily follow these instructions instead:
- 1/4 c ground tumeric (do not use fresh)
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 1/4 t ground clove
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 t ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg (optional)
Make ahead how to:
Choose at least 2 of the 3 optional ingredients. Place all ingredients into a clean thoroughly dried jar or other airtight container. Shake well. Use 1 large teaspoon (slightly heaping) for 8oz of mylk. This should last 10 – 12 days.
Never miss a thing! For more content like this, discounts on upcoming products and exclusive members only content, Become a Member of Our Community!