I was nominated by Ashlee at Ashlee Nicole Explained for the 2019 Liebster Award! Thank you Ashlee! I hope my readers will check out her lifestyle blog! I am grateful for the nomination and the opportunity to share this with all of my amazing supporters and readers!
What is the Liebster Award
Liebster is German for kindest or dearest one. This award has been around since 2011. It is a great way to be discovered and also to connect with and support the blogging community. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but has slowly lowered as the reward has gained popularity. It is now typically 200 readers or less. This is an arbitrary number, the idea is that the award is for new / newer bloggers, regardless of their number of readers.
A few years ago TheJackProject started taking official entries and selecting a winner. So, there are technically 2 sets of rules and obligations to complete. The official rules require less nominees and interview material. I’ll include both because… why not give my readers and fellow bloggers all of the goodies and inside info they’ve come for.
The Official TheJackProject Rules:
- Create your acceptance blog post
- Answer the questions given to you. Try to be as creative and unique as possible
- Create 5 more questions for your nominees to answer (I’m looking for unique and creative ones)
- Submit your entry at http://thejackproject.online/the-liebster-award-2019/
- For additional information and rules check out The Official Rules
Entries start 1st Jan 2019 and end on 25th Dec 2019. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
Unofficial Rules Including Extras
- Give a shout out to the blogger that nominated you for this Liebster Award. Make sure you link their blogging site as well!
- Write 11 facts about yourself!
- Don’t forget to post the award on your blog!
- Answer the fun questions set up by the blogger who nominated you!
- Nominate 11 deserving bloggers. Don’t forget to tag them!
(See… there’s some extra stuff here that you don’t want to miss!)
Official Blog Post
I didn’t set out to start a blog! I am actually a technophobe and the process of starting this pushed me to what felt like the limits of my sanity. To say that I learned a lot about myself through this process would be an understatement! I’m pretty sure that I scared the living daylights out of my husband and kids with my negative self talk and frequent tears!
I dug in though. And, buckled down with my positive affirmations. I started an “accomplishment journal” to keep track of all of the progress I was making. I pressed forward because I honestly felt an undeniable calling. (Believe me… I tried hard to deny it!) It gripped my heart like only 3 other things have in my life (God, my soulmate & mothering). I just couldn’t shake it!
Now, I absolutely love blogging! Like for real! I still struggle sometimes with tech stuff but I have a known history of success so it doesn’t get to me as much. I never run out of things to write about and I really enjoy researching my content. I’ve actually been researching these topics for years! My favorite thing about it though is getting messages and comments telling me that I’ve helped people. It doesn’t matter if it’s just in some small way or if I know the person or not. I feel so fulfilled and happy knowing that I made a positive difference in another person’s life.
BTW…hint, hint… I’ve found this to be true with all bloggers! We LOVE comments on our posts and on social media! It’s nice to know that you aren’t just talking to an empty room! So, I encourage you to engage with me and other bloggers! We live for that feedback!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I married my soulmate. We met in 7th grade but didn’t marry until 15 yrs later!
- I have 5 children, gave birth to 2 but love them all EQUALLY!
- I have 2 grand daughters!
- My husband and I have started 2 successful businesses and both work from home.
- We are pursuing a generational dream of living “up north” & moving there next summer.
- I LOVE cooking, including VERY complicated and difficult food BUT I only post simple approachable recipes on my blog and social media.
- Intuition is a big deal to me. And I encourage everyone to listen to and follow theirs. I believe it’s God guiding us!
- Friends are family to me and I’m very particular about who I surround myself with! I tend to select individual friends and they often don’t know each other well. I’m not a big group person.
- I appear to be very extroverted and talkative but I actually struggle with terrible social anxiety and I’m very private and introverted. I’ve just found that people don’t pry if you’re talkative.
- I struggle with perfectionism and work very hard to give myself grace and forgiveness.
- I aspire to have a quiet, content and peaceful life!
Interview Questions from Ashlee
11 Questions for you award winning people
1. When did you start blogging
I started building my blog and preparing content in early Feb 2019 and launched on my birthday, June 8, 2019. I didn’t feel at all ready but did it anyway!
2. What is your drive, every day you get up for…?
My two biggest motivators are to help others and to become more self actualized and accepting.
3. What do you drink in the morning to wake you up?
I practice intermittent fasting / timed eating (& drinking). So, I can’t have anything except water until I’ve reached 14 hours fasted. Then I have hot Earl Grey or English Breakfast tea.
4. Can you cook? If you can what is your favorite thing to cook?
Yes, I can cook anything and very much enjoy it. My favorite thing to cook is Christmas cookies. This isn’t because I particularly love baking. It is because my kids, their friends, nieces, nephews etc all come to my house for “cookie weekend” and we bake together. I love this event! I started doing it as a child with a friend’s family and continuing it has always meant so much to me. It has changed in size year to year and it’s always amazing!
5. What is essential for your everyday routine? (lotion, chapstik, teeth brushing, you can’t leave home without it/doing it)
I MUST brush my teeth, wash my face and make my bed every single day! Other than that I’m pretty flexible. I’m actually currently working to form better routines!
6. What kind of music you listen to?
Classic rock, 90s grunge and alternative and new country. I also like good upbeat dance music to work out to.
7. What is your favorite movie to curl up and watch with someone special?
I love all of the Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Marvel and X-Men movies and always see them at the theater. Favorite “someone special” or romance type movie is What Dreams May Come. It’s insanely beautiful (even better than The Notebook).
8. What makes you the most mad?
Cruelty, injustice and discrimination! Fires me up entirely! I find that often these things are rooted in ignorance so that ticks me off too!
9. Doughnuts or cookies?
Neither. I have food allergies and sensitivities so I don’t eat soy, dairy or gluten. So, I can’t even remember the last time I ate a doughnut. I do love a dairy free, gluten free brownie! They are DELICIOUS!
10. What is your favorite season?
I’m all about Fall! Love the cool crisp evenings and the leaves changing! BTW… I’ve never tasted a pumpkin spice latte, but I love some warm cider with cinnamon and nutmeg, or golden mylk!
11. Do you play video games? If you do which is your favorite?
I don’t play video games. I can’t work the controllers (haha). Back in the day I LOVED Frogger and PacMan though!
- Jonathan My Vertigo and Me
- My Anxious Life
- Jane Chaotic Comeback
- Anna Chasing Anna
- Kelsea Writings of a Wild Woman
- Louisa The Actually
- Willy You Are Equipped
- Britt Britt Brings it Home
- Tathy Vibrant and Grey
- My Forty Something Life Blog
- Lauren Bournemouth Girl
My Official Questions:
- If there were multiple dimensions in which each choice you made differently caused a divergence which minor choice do you think would result in the most significant divergence? How would your life be different in that dimension?
- If you could be an artistic prodigy in any art (aside from writing or photography) what would you choose?
- What gift would you give if you could give another person any thing and who would you give it to?
- If your readers could magically permanently acquire a character trait or skill simply by reading your blog what would it be?
- If you had to permanently shape shift into something other than a human what would you choose and why?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What have you learned about yourself in 2019?
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
- What is the 1 goal you have most struggled to achieve? Why do you think you struggle with this?
- What are you most proud of about yourself?
- If you were asked to create a blog most outside of your wheelhouse or comfort zone what would it be about?
Again, thank you Ashlee for the nomination! And, thank you so much to my readers for showing up and continuing to read my content and share it! I so appreciate all of your support and encouragement!
Never miss a thing! For more content like this, discounts on upcoming products and exclusive members only content, Become a Member of Our Community!
Hey, fun post! I was nominated too, but the link everyone keeps providing of where we’re supposed to post our finished articles about the award (thejackproject(dot)online/the-liebster-award-2019/) does not work. Wondering if you knew whether the link had changed? I don’t know where to put my submission!
I had the same problem! It kept saying that I had already submitted but I hadn’t. I think at this point it’s not being judged like that anymore and it’s a blogger to blogger award. Congrats you you on your Liebster Award! You rock!
Congratulations on your nomination and thank you for nominating me! I love cooking and love Autumn too. Love the fresher weather, cosy jumpers are a must! You have asked some great questions. Thank you for sharing! Xx
I SO love your blog! It’s on my winter craft list to take up bullet journaling! I’m so excited to dig into all of your content for ideas and inspiration!